Anthony Moses Davis, also known as Beenie Man, is a Jamaican Grammy-winning dancehall deejay and music artist. Over the years, he has released hits like “King of the Dancehall,” “Girl Dem Sugar,” and “Who Am I (Sim Simma).” Get to know more about Beenie Man and his net worth.
Beenie’s songs have distinguished him as one of the greatest dancehall artists on the world stage. Let’s explore several interesting details about his life, ranging from his net worth, age, and parents. Also, get to know if he has a wife or girlfriend.
Who is Beenie Man?
- Beenie Man is one of the most famous reggae/dancehall musicians on the planet. Even at a young age, he had seemingly decided that he would pursue a career as a deejay.
- Anthony won first prize at the national Teeny Talent contest at the age of eight. This, in turn, caught the attention of Junjo Lawes, who took him under his wing and mentored him in the process. Not long after, Anthony went on to feature on “Lawes’ Junjo Presents Two Big Sound.”
- The 80s marked a key turning point in Anthony’s career as his debut album, “The Invincible Beenie Man: The Ten-Year-Old DJ Wonder” was launched.
- His music took the world by storm in the 1990s, particularly as he started working with some of Jamaica’s top DJs. His very first American album was “The Doctor” in 1998. Beenie Man went on to release more notable albums in the US like “Art and Life” and “Tropical Storm.”
- Anthony has won a couple of accolades throughout his music career. These include the MOBO Award for “Best International Artist” in 1988 and a Grammy Award for “Best Reggae Album” in 2001 for his album, “Art and Life.”
Date of Birth, Early Life, and Age
Anthony Moses Davis (Beenie Man) was born on August 22, 1973, in Kingston, Jamaica, and is currently 47 years old. He studied in the public schools in Kingston and became a Rastafarian after several grim events in his life. Anthony’s zodiac sign is Leo, which is a distinction he shares with other renowned celebrities such as pop singer Dua Lipa and comedian James Corden.
Beenie Man Net Worth and Income
Beenie Man has gradually developed into one of the greatest dancehall artists of all time. Presently, Anthony Davis’ net worth is estimated to be $4 million. Additionally, he has also made his money through his work as a songwriter, record producer, and dancehall DJ. There are no accurate numbers on how the sale of his albums grossed over the years.
Beenie Man has an eight-bedroom mansion in Jamaica, which has a car garage of up to about 6 cars. He is also an owner of a Mercedes Benz CLS 500, a Ducati 848 Evo, and a Bentley Continental.
Wife and Kids
Beenie Man and Michelle “D’Angel” Downer tied the knot on August 22, 2006. Remarkably, they’d end up separating just a short while later. Even though they were not together, the two managed to set aside their differences and produce the song “You Are My First” back in March 2010. The couple officially divorced in 2011.
Sources also say that Anthony once dated Krystal Tomlinson, a politician, and motivational speaker. The two even have a two-year-old daughter together, Xiah. By the looks of things, they were engaged and set to get married before eventually breaking up in 2020.
Beenie Man is believed to have 12 children in total.
Beenie Man keeps up with his fans via his Instagram page, which has over 800 thousand followers. As expected, most of his posts touch on the various music tracks and albums he has produced over the years. Suffice it to say, he uses this platform to promote his music.
|Name||Antony Moses Davis (Beenie Man)|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1973|
|Height||5ft 9in (175 cm)|
|Occupation||Dancehall DJ, musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Spouse(s)||Michelle “D’Angel” Downer (m. 2006, div. 2011)|
|Net Worth||$4 million|