Bob Vila is an American TV personality who made a name for himself as host on the home improvement show “This Old House.” The show premiered between 1979 and 1989. He is widely considered a revolutionist in terms of home improvements. This is because his TV shows provided homeowners with much-needed skills.
Consequently, they were able to give the houses a much-needed facelift. Another interesting fact about Bob is that he was initially known as Robert Joseph Vila before adopting his current name. Find more captivating information on Bob Vila’s net worth age and wiki in this review. Also, learn more about his wife and kids.
Age and Date of Birth
Bob is a home improvement specialist and reality television star. He was born on June 20th, 1946, in Miami, Florida. It makes him 75-years old at the point of writing.
Bob Vila Wiki
- Back in 1962, Bob Vila was at Miami Jackson High. He had a strong passion for journalism, which led him to pursue a degree from the University of Florida.
- Upon completing his undergraduate, he volunteered in the Peace Corps and was based in Panama from 1971 to 1973. Bob first developed an interest in home improvements because of his father, who built their house from scratch.
- He first burst into the television scene in 1979 as a TV host for “This Old House.” This was after a successful home restoration experience in Newton, Massachusetts. His exploits in Massachusetts earned him a Heritage award.
- His stint as the TV host for “This old House “also earned him numerous plaudits alongside his work partner, Norm Abram. By 1989, he was gearing up to leave “This Old House” due to a commercial dispute, and he became Sears’s spokesman.
- The very next year, after a quiet gap year, he began another TV show known as “Bob Vila’s Home Again.” This show shared the same concept and teachings of the old house, and it was aired from 1990 to 2005.
- Over the years, Bob has also actively been involved with charity work; He aligned himself with organizations such as the ‘National Alliance”. Their main objective is to end homelessness.
Net worth and Income Sources
Bob is a TV host who has earned his wealth through reality television and commercials. Currently, Vila’s net worth is $25 million. Back in 2006, he bought Madison Square Park penthouse suite for an excess of $6 million.
He later sold it for $5 million, incurring a one million loss in the process. In 2016, Vila sold his house at Martha’s vineyard for $15.9 million.
His Wife and Kids
Bob Vila is married to Dianna Barrett. Together, they have three children. Their children are Susannah, Chris, and Monica Vila. Since he values his privacy, nothing is known about his personal life. However, he has remained a family man to date.
Bob Vila is reserved on social media, but he is pretty active on his website bobvila.com. He uses his website to share home improvement ideas. Bob has a small following on Instagram, roughly about 22.8K followers. He shares designs of different houses for potential clients. His social media activity is mainly for business purposes as he hardly shares his personal life.
Bob Vila, Wiki, Biography
|Bob Vila (Robert Joseph Vila)
|71 years old.
|Date of Birth
|June 20th, 1946
|Place of Birth
|Miami, Florida, USA.
|TV host and Mogul