Calesha Murray is a talented American Actress and Rapper. She is best known by her stage name, Bre-Z. Additionally, she has starred in famous TV shows such as Empire, All American, and Tales.
Thanks to her energetic, bold nature and style, Bre-Z managed to find her way into the music industry. Is she gay?
On her journey to her music and acting career, Bre-Z has also stirred several debates regarding her sexuality. Is she dating a boyfriend?
Prepare to find out more about Bre-Z’s Net worth, relationship status, and career life. In the meantime, let us take you through her wiki-bio.
Bre-Z Age and Birthday
American rapper is a 34-year-old American Rapper and Actress. She was born to Carla and David Mayfield on 22nd July 1987 in Philadelphia. However, Bre-Z was raised in Wilmington, Delaware. You must be wondering how she got her stage name.
It was actually her grandmother who nicknamed her Bre-Z when she was born. After her birth, the story was that she stopped crying as soon as the window was shut. According to her grandmother, she was cold then, hence the nickname Breezy.
Since Calesha was in sixth grade, she always knew that she wanted to pursue a music career. In 2005, she finally graduated from high school. Soon after, she joined the University of Full Sail, located in Winter Park, Florida.
In 2008, Bre-Z moved to Atlanta with her mother after she found a job there. That was the moment she began cutting hair for money.
Calesha’s mother, father, and grandfather were all barbers. During her barber days, Bre-Z cut hair for famous artists such as Ludacris and Akon.
- It is fascinating just how early Bre-Z began her music career. That’s right; she began performing around Philadelphia at the age of 14 years.
- Since her brother also used to rap, Bre-Z would perform his songs from time to time. At the age of 15, she met an American Rapper by the name of Leslie Edward Pridgen (aka Freeway).
- Philadelphia-born actress recorded her first-ever song in the studio together with Freeway. Later on, she got the opportunity to meet and write songs with Jennifer Lopez, The Game, and Dr. Dre.
- In 2015, she landed an audition to play the role of Freda Gatz. As shocking as it sounds, it is true, Bre-Z landed her debut role in a well-known musical drama series, Empire. So far, she has been a recurring character in 31 episodes of the show.
- She received other roles on shows like The Real (2016), The New Edition Story (2017), and Celebrity Page (2018).
- She also portrayed the role of Tamia Cooper in the American Drama Series, All American. Additionally, Calesha also got a few roles in films like Fat Camp (2017), Down for Whatever (2018), and 16 Bars (2020)
- From 2018-2020, Bre-Z released two discographies: The Girl and Full Circle.
Net Worth and Income Sources
Being a multi-talented actress, Bre-Z definitely makes money from every corner. Her appearances in TV shows and films have aided in the increase of her net worth.
How much is Bre-Z worth? Sources say that Bre-Z’s net worth is estimated to be $4 million.
However, she has not disclosed how much she makes through acting. On the TV show Empire, she stars alongside well-paid artists such as Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett, and Terrence Howard.
All American actress also makes money through her YouTube channel, which already has more than 3.3 million views.
Who is Bre-Z Dating a Boyfriend?
According to research, she is currently rumored to be dating Chris Amore, a makeup artist. Bre-Z has not disclosed much about her girlfriend. However, we do know that Chris Amore lives in Woodland Hills, California.
Going through her social media, Calesha has posted numerous pictures with her partner. In one of her captions, she even went ahead to say that
‘words could never express their bond.’
Is Bre-Z Gay?
Calesha’s sexuality is something that has always come into question. This is because she assumes what most would describe as a masculine persona while performing.
Other than that, she also often spots short hair, another masculine trait. Moreover, she is also currently dating a female make-up artist. This all but confirms the fact that Bre-Z is gay and into women.
Wiki-Bio and Facts.
|Full name||Calesha Murray|
|Age||33 years old|
|Date of Birth||22nd July 1987|
|Place of Birth||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Net worth||$4 million|
|Parents||Carla, David Mayfield|