Corey Taylor is an American Songwriter, Guitarist, and Author. He is a lead vocalist in two bands, ‘Slipknot’ and ‘Stone Sour.’
Additionally, Corey also co-founded ‘Stone Sour’ with his close friend Joel Ekman in 1992 before joining ‘Slipknot’ in 1997. Together with his bandmates in ‘Slipknot,’ they won a Grammy in 2006.
Learn more about Corey’s Ex’s wives, Scarlett Stone and Stephanie Luby, right here.
First Marriage with Scarlett Stone
Corey’s first wife was a woman named Scarlett Stone. They were blessed with a son, Griffin Parker Tylor, in 2002 while they were still engaged.
They later tied the knot on 11th March 2004. The two were married for only three years before they parted ways. Corey and Scarlett Stone divorced in 2007. Scarlett’s main reason for divorce was Corey’s Alcoholism.
Second Marriage with Stephanie Luby.
Corey’s second wife was Stephanie Luby. The two officially tied the knot on 13th November 2009 in Las Vegas.
They had a daughter together in 2015. Corey and Stephanie divorced after eight years in 2017.
Third and Current Marriage with Alicia Dove
Taylor is currently married to Alicia Dove. The two walked down the aisle on the 6th of October 2019 after announcing their engagement on his Instagram page earlier during the year. His wife is the founder of ‘ Cherry Bombs.’
Social Media Activities
Corey has a large following on social media. On Twitter, he has 664,100 followers, and his handle there is @CoreyTaylorRock. On Instagram, he has 2.3Million followers, and on Facebook, he has 3.2Million followers.
He is verified on all his three accounts. Most of his posts and updates are about his music tours and albums.
Age and Early Life.
- Corey alias ‘The Great Big Mouth,’ ‘The Boogie Knight,’ and ‘The Grim Chopper’ was born on 8th December 1973 in Des Moines, Iowa. He was raised by his mother and later adopted by his grandmother.
- Remarkably, she was the one who introduced him to Rock Music by constantly listening to ‘Elvis Presley.’ He fell in love with the King’s albums from the 1950s to the 1970s. His grandmother also bought him his first musical instrument.
- Corey had a very rough childhood. At 15 years, he was addicted to drugs, and he almost overdosed twice on cocaine. At the age of 18, Corey attempted to commit suicide by overdosing on himself, and his ex-girlfriend and grandmother rescued him.
- Taylor later revealed that he was sexually abused at the age of 10 by his friend, who threatened to harm him and his mother if he ever reported him.
- In addition to a great music career, Corey has also featured as a guest actor in series such as ‘Fear Clinic’ in 2013, ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Sharknado 4’. He also featured in films such as ‘Resident Evil’ in 2002, ‘Rollerball’ in 2002, and ‘Bad Candy’ in 2020.
- Corey won the 2015 Rock Titan Award in Loudwire. He also won the ‘Revolver Golden God’s Award’ in 2013 and the ‘Kerrang Awards’ in 2018.
- Corey’s book ‘Seven Deadly Sins: The Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good’ was released in 2011.
Net Worth and Income Sources
Corey Taylor’s net worth is $12 million. His most significant source of income has come from his long, storied career in music. Reports suggest that Corey’s band, Slipknot, has sold over 30 million copies of their albums across the globe.
Additionally, Taylor has also generated a decent amount of money from his work in film, as well as being an author. In the early 2000s, Corey featured on Resident evil, a movie that went on to make over $100 million at the box office.